Raia King: what do you want to people to take away from reading your book? What’s the message?
Bobbi: Irrespective of whether we are writing fiction or non-fiction, there has to be transformation
Madalyn Prologue should be written in present tense.
Stacy on bathhouse
- You have some really beautiful, evocative 唤起的 writing here.
- Right now you have lush descriptions, which are very sensual and evocative to read;
- you’re good at setting scene. Now you just have to put characters into it and let them do something.
- This piece is the strongest when people talk to each other.
- The way you structured the narrative works quite well, but ask yourself this: is the narrator’s objective clear? Does she get the thing she wants? If not, what stands in her way? How does she change in the course of the story you told?
~~ every compelling character has an objective, an obstacle, and a secret. ~~
Syntax 句法 (sentence structure):